Tool Control Technician
To fabricate, maintain, modify existing composite and aluminum tooling, prototype molds, fixtures, templates, and shop aids with RTM, VARTM, wet layup or other processes.
- Maintain and modify existing composite and aluminum tooling.
- Ability to clean and release tools to customers specification.
- Create and maintain tool log location and area.
- Control the location for each tool. This will include the ability to operate a forklift.
- Accurately fill out work order information.
- Support quality process by maintaining work area in an orderly condition by returning tools, equipment and material to storage areas
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Have a good working knowledge of drawings and written instructions.
- Learns and assists with other tasks in the shop as needed
- Stand and walk for up to 6-8 hours, occasional sitting down
- Accurately follow directions
- Team player who communicates and works well with peers.
- Has basic computer skills and knowledge.
Education, Experience & Skills Prerequisite
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Exhibits strong math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, fractions, and decimals)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow training materials and work instructions.
- Basic knowledge of MSDS and their use.
- Proper use of safety and personal protective equipment.
Incorporate our Core Values daily:
- Serve Others: Strive to serve others by putting their needs first; help people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Integrity: Ability to conduct all matters with honesty, respect and high moral character.
- Excellence: Ability to achieve outstanding results in all you do.
- Humility: Ability to seek understanding and constructive criticism when holding yourself and others accountable.
- Innovation: Ability to envision what could be by challenging the way things have been.
- Fulfillment: Ability to find satisfaction and meaning in your work by developing your capabilities to create the greatest value.
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to leverage knowledge and experiences to improve how you serve others.
Lifting up to 70 lbs. Standing and bending for extended periods. Grip strength adequate to hold and form fabric materials into molds. Good finger & wrist dexterity. Ability to grasp hand tools, such as box knives, and apply moderate pressure while cutting fabric. Ability to use plastic wedges, and other hand tools to apply moderate pressure while conforming self-adhesive fabric materials into corners and other tool features. Ability to use scissors to cut heavy fabric materials. Ability to operate vibratory equipment such as orbital sanders and impact wrenches. No chronic dermatitis or sensitization to epoxy resins, fiberglass, graphite fiber or contact adhesives. Good eyesight or corrective lenses. Good hearing or corrective aids.
To conform to U.S. Government military technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S citizen or, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected Individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120,15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EOE-race/gender/veteran/disabled/sexual orientation/gender identity