Senior Project Manager
Fiber Dynamics is a rapidly growing composites development and manufacturing company servicing Aerospace, Defense and Commercial Industries. We are currently seeking self-motivated, key team members to be a part of our tremendous new growth.
This position fulfills the need for project management of new products and processes. This position also assists business development through customer liaison, estimating, and scheduling support.
Primary responsibilities are to provide technical expertise, support, and direction to new product introduction activities. Manage prototype builds. Work closely with customer to recommend design alterations to improve the quality of products, their performance and/or manufacturability and manage execution of complex projects.
General Manager or Engineering Manager
- Oversees multiple projects and completes them on schedule with minimal supervision.
- Suggest and implement practical solutions in applying lean manufacturing principles and quality processes and procedures.
- Assists with new product development: Product research, material and process recommendations.
- Tooling acquisition: specifying and quoting of tooling; supervision of tooling fabrication and implementation.
- New project management (through prototype fabrication and production assimilation).
- Research and propose new manufacturing technologies that will improve production capabilities and reduce product cost.
- Responsible for supporting manufacturing pre-production activities.
- Provides information for the preparation of manufacturing plans, test equipment documents, cost proposals and facility improvements.
- Coordinate and supervise internal mechanical and physical property testing as well as sub-contracted testing services in support of product development activities.
SECONDARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support sales and business development activities through estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and technical oversight.
- Any other functions necessary to sustain company operations.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface with all levels of employees.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer specification documents, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write comprehensible specifications, reports, and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and employees.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project preferred).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Basic acumen of Accounting and budgeting principles necessary to read and interpret project budget statements, financial reports, and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs.
Education, Experience & Skills Prerequisite
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering plus four years applicable experience.
- Good hands-on working knowledge of composite manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing.
- Strong mechanical and fabrication skills.
- Must possess the ability to work with a broad range of organizations, both internally and externally, and have a strong bias towards customer satisfaction and working in a team environment.
- Compliance with AS9100 processes and procedures.
- Proficiency in a wide range of fabrication and manufacturing processes associated with component and system level production.
Incorporate our Core Values daily:
- Serve Others: Strive to serve others by putting their needs first; help people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Integrity: Ability to conduct all matters with honesty, respect and high moral character.
- Excellence: Ability to achieve outstanding results in all you do.
- Humility: Ability to seek understanding and constructive criticism when holding yourself and others accountable.
- Innovation: Ability to envision what could be by challenging the way things have been.
- Fulfillment: Ability to find satisfaction and meaning in your work by developing your capabilities to create the greatest value.
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to leverage knowledge and experiences to improve how you serve others.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EOE-race/gender/veteran/disabled/sexual orientation/gender identity