Fiber Dynamics is a rapidly growing composites development and manufacturing company servicing Aerospace, Defense and Commercial Industries. We are currently seeking self-motivated, key team members to be a part of our tremendous new growth.
Support development and improvement of Quality Management System (QMS) and production processes to ensure compliance with Customer, AS9100, Nadcap, and internal requirements.
Reports to Quality Manager
US Export Compliance Requirement
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a ”U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty OR eligible to obtain U.S. government authorization for this position by the time of hire. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws.
- Conduct and support customer, AS9100, and Nadcap process and job audits, prepare reports, and lead root cause corrective actions.
- Develop and revise procedures, forms, job instructions, etc. to support QMS, process, and product compliance to external and internal requirements.
- Develop and maintain process performance metrics. First pass yield, throughput, corrective actions, etc.
- Prepare and lead QMS and job-related training.
- May be required to assist in other areas, as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Works well in a diverse team environment and working on individual projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, critical thinking, and root cause corrective action problem-solving ability.
- Ability to understand and create technical procedures, spreadsheets/forms, process metrics, and reports.
- Familiar with and ability to learn aerospace composite manufacturing, drawings, and specifications.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in aerospace or defense quality engineering.
- Three (3) years’ experience working directly with Customers, 3rd Party Auditors, Suppliers, etc.
Incorporate our Core Values daily:
- Serve Others: Strive to serve others by putting their needs first; help people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Integrity: Ability to conduct all matters with honesty, respect and high moral character.
- Excellence: Ability to achieve outstanding results in all you do.
- Humility: Ability to seek understanding and constructive criticism when holding yourself and others accountable.
- Innovation: Ability to envision what could be by challenging the way things have been.
- Fulfillment: Ability to find satisfaction and meaning in your work by developing your capabilities to create the greatest value.
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to leverage knowledge and experiences to improve how you serve others.
Occasional lifting up to 51 lbs. Sitting, walking, standing and bending for extended periods. Grip strength adequate to achieve lifting requirement. Good finger & wrist dexterity. Ability to hand-write and use keyboard for extended periods. Possible exposure to epoxy resins, fiberglass, graphite fiber or contact adhesives. Good eyesight or corrective lenses. Able to hear average conversations.
To conform to U.S. Government military technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S citizen or, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected Individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120,15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EOE-race/gender/veteran/disabled/sexual orientation/gender identity