Quality Assurance Inspector – Composites
Quality Assurance Inspector – Composites
Fiber Dynamics is a rapidly growing composites development and manufacturing company servicing Aerospace, Defense and Commercial Industries. We are currently seeking self-motivated, key team members to be a part of our tremendous new growth.
Performs receiving inspection and testing of composite materials, adhesives, and detail parts, in-process, and final inspection of composite parts to determine conformance to engineering requirements. Responsible for performing timely and accurate inspections and assisting with the resolution of quality problems.
Reports to Quality Manager
- Perform receiving inspection (to customer specifications) and identification of materials/ items received from outside vendors.
- Responsible for updating vendor history records and providing inputs to the Quality Assurance Manager on vendor quality.
- Perform in-process inspections during various stages of fabrication and assembly.
- Responsible for performing final inspection of completed product including first article inspections, part qualification records, part identification and related work records.
- Maintain accurate and complete files for all quality documents. Assist in timely filing of all necessary paperwork and appropriate logs.
- Inspect all incoming vendor materials and outgoing customer parts in a timely manner. Assist in the implementation of established Quality Assurance procedures with all vendors.
- Assist in improving quality throughout the manufacturing process and update quality documents as approved/required by the Quality assurance Manager.
- Input all inspection and test data into an Excel or Access database allowing for analysis of variability and historical reference.
- Communicate the quality and delivery status of all production materials to QA, and other teams.
- Validate and document vendor material specifications, utilizing testing methods if necessary. Actively participate in the development, utilization, and maintenance of lab equipment.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of new technologies, processes, industry trends and changes in test methodologies. Re-evaluate appropriateness of test requirements for intended end use of production materials as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Have a good working knowledge of drawings and written instructions.
- Learn and assist with other production tasks as needed.
- Organization & Planning
- Presentation Skills
Education, Experience & Skills Prerequisite
- Associate Degree or equivalent required.
- Excellent working knowledge of AS9100, AS9102, and NADCAP AC7118.
- Must be proficient at programming and using a FAROArm CMM.
- Must be proficient in performing First Article Inspection (FAI) per AS9102.
- Prefer experience performing Part Qualification Record (PQR) of composite parts.
- Prefer experience using Trilion GOM Scan 1.
- Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in the use of such programs as: Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
Incorporate our Core Values daily:
- Serve Others: Strive to serve others by putting their needs first; help people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Integrity: Ability to conduct all matters with honesty, respect and high moral character.
- Excellence: Ability to achieve outstanding results in all you do.
- Humility: Ability to seek understanding and constructive criticism when holding yourself and others accountable.
- Innovation: Ability to envision what could be by challenging the way things have been.
- Fulfillment: Ability to find satisfaction and meaning in your work by developing your capabilities to create the greatest value.
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to leverage knowledge and experiences to improve how you serve others.
Occasional lifting up to 70 lbs. Sitting, walking, standing and bending for extended periods. Grip strength adequate to assist in packaging shipments. Good finger & wrist dexterity. Ability to hand-write and use keyboard. Ability to grasp hand tools, such as box knives, and apply moderate pressure while cutting. Ability to drive and hand carry packages. No chronic dermatitis or sensitization to epoxy resins, fiberglass, graphite fiber or contact adhesives. Good eyesight or corrective lenses. Good hearing or corrective aids.
To conform to U.S. Government military technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S citizen or, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected Individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120,15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EOE-race/gender/veteran/disabled/sexual orientation/gender identity