Fiber Dynamics is a rapidly growing, innovative designer and fabricator of advanced composite structures. We are currently seeking self-motivated, key team members to be a part of our tremendous new growth opportunities in Aerospace, Defense and Commercial Industries.
Reports to Operations Manager
- Safely operate hydraulic presses to clamp molds.
- Accurately weigh, mix and apply adhesives and sealants.
- Capability to use triple beam balances to weigh and calculate material ratios.
- Operate and maintain delicate resin injection equipment.
- Operate pneumatic power tools such as routers, drills, saws, orbital sanders, impact wrenches and other hand tools.
- Perform sand & fill operations on composite parts.
- Prepare surface, contour shaping and sanding. Polish, de-burr, drill, ream, countersink and grind.
- Attention to details and accurate measurement skills required to produce quality product.
- Accurately and neatly layup prepreg/dry fabrics per drawings, templates and written instructions.
- MECHANICAL APTITUDE IN THE USE OF HAND TOOLS AND GOOD MATH SKILLS
- Accurately fill out work order information.
- Support quality process by maintaining work area in an orderly condition by returning tools, equipment and material to storage areas
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Have a good working knowledge of drawings and written instructions.
- Learns and assists with other tasks in the shop as needed
Incorporate our Core Values daily:
- Serve Others: Strive to serve others by putting their needs first; help people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Integrity: Ability to conduct all matters with honesty, respect and high moral character.
- Excellence: Ability to achieve outstanding results in all you do.
- Humility: Ability to seek understanding and constructive criticism when holding yourself and others accountable.
- Innovation: Ability to envision what could be by challenging the way things have been.
- Fulfillment: Ability to find satisfaction and meaning in your work by developing your capabilities to create the greatest value.
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to leverage knowledge and experiences to improve how you serve others.
Lifting up to 70 lbs. Standing and bending for extended periods. Grip strength adequate to hold and form fabric materials into molds. Good finger & wrist dexterity. Ability to grasp hand tools, such as box knives, and apply moderate pressure while cutting fabric. Ability to use plastic wedges, and other hand tools to apply moderate pressure while conforming self-adhesive fabric materials into corners. Ability to use scissors to cut heavy fabric materials. Ability to operate equipment such as orbital sanders and impact wrenches. No chronic dermatitis or sensitization to epoxy resins, fiberglass, graphite fiber or contact adhesives.
To conform to U.S. Government military technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S citizen or, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected Individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120,15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EOE-race/gender/veteran/disabled/sexual orientation/gender identity