CNC Machinist – 2nd Shift
Assists production in trimming and machining of production parts to meet customer specification and satisfaction. Other production responsibilities will be delegated by CNC Lead Specialist as deemed necessary.
2nd Shift: M-TH, 3:00pm-1:30am
- Accurately read, and interpret blueprints
- Assist in CNC trimming and machining of production parts as planned by production.
- Demonstrate or develop proficiency running the CNC equipment
- Weekly preventative maintenance for CNC equipment.
- Accurately fill out work order information.
- Assist to maintain production goals for the department
- Efficiently document and organize all programs developed
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Have a good working knowledge of drawings and written instructions.
- Learn and assist with other tasks in the shop as needed.
- Must follow policy and procedures;
- Be able to function in a team environment; meet internal goals and objectives:
- Demonstrate ability to produce quality parts; meet and maintain a 2% or less scrap rate; maintain 98% on time delivery;
- Cross training of 480 hours in each area of CNC, must be accomplished before being considered to move forward as a specialist (includes set ups, foam milling, trimming, blue print reading, skilled in reading etc):
- Mentor a CNC trainee to develop into a CNC technician.
- Incorporate our Core Values daily:
- Serve Others: Strive to serve others by putting their needs first; help people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Integrity: Ability to conduct all matters with honesty, respect and high moral character.
- Excellence: Ability to achieve outstanding results in all you do.
- Humility: Ability to seek understanding and constructive criticism when holding yourself and others accountable.
- Innovation: Ability to envision what could be by challenging the way things have been.
- Fulfillment: Ability to find satisfaction and meaning in your work by developing your capabilities to create the greatest value.
- Continuous Improvement: Ability to leverage knowledge and experiences to improve how you serve others.
Education, Experience & Skills Prerequisite
- High School diploma or GED. Able to speak and read English.
- 480 hours of production in each area of CNC must be accomplished per year (includes set ups, trimming, core milling, etc.)
- Have leadership potential.
- Knowledgeable of and understands the department’s operation procedures.
- Willing to get along
- Able to communicate with others
- Positive, can-do attitude and a team player
Lifting up to 70 lbs. Standing and bending for extended periods. Grip strength adequate to hold and form fabric materials into molds. Good finger & wrist dexterity. Ability to grasp hand tools, such as box knives, and apply moderate pressure while cutting fabric. Ability to use plastic wedges, and other hand tools to apply moderate pressure while conforming self-adhesive fabric materials into corners and other tool features. Ability to use scissors to cut heavy fabric materials. Ability to operate vibratory equipment such as orbital sanders and impact wrenches. No chronic dermatitis or sensitization to epoxy resins, fiberglass, graphite fiber or contact adhesives. Good eyesight or corrective lenses. Good hearing or corrective aids.
To conform to U.S. Government military technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S citizen or, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected Individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120,15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EOE-race/gender/veteran/disabled/sexual orientation/gender identity