Our Accountant is responsible to assist the Controller by planning and executing controls of the accounting function of the company and the accuracy of accounts. Primary functions include:
- General accounting control duties to ensure accuracy of general ledger accounts, current aging reports, controls and updates all accounting related procedures to keep current and effective.
- General accounting activities, which could include prepare & post monthly Journal Entries, financial closing process, developing financial reports, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, inventory analysis, cycle count administration, costing/margin analysis, overhead rate calculations, capital asset tracking, and plan/budget administration.
- Backup for other tasks that includes daily bank deposits, recording and checking A/P transactions daily, invoicing customers daily, recording cash receipts to A/R daily, answering A/P inquiries, conduct customer inquiries on A/R balances, prepare & mail checks.
- Other accounting duties, which include but are not limited to employee setup and maintenance in ERP system, validating and correcting time sheets, preparing payroll reports and submitting for processing, producing annual 1099s, as well as any additional support as assigned by the Controller.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of five (5) years prior Accounting experience required, preferably in manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated, personable, and well-organized, detail oriented and require minimal supervision, reliable, have a strong work-ethic, and be able to propose solutions to issues with a perspective of critical thinking
- Must have the ability to multi-task and find ways to improve efficiency
- Experience with Syteline ERP system or similar preferred
- Experience with accounting for government contracts preferred (DCAA)
Occasional lifting up to 51 lbs. Sitting, walking, standing and bending for extended periods. Grip strength adequate to achieve lifting requirement. Good finger & wrist dexterity. Ability to hand-write and use keyboard for extended periods. Good eyesight or corrective lenses. Good hearing or corrective aids.
To conform to U.S. Government military technology export regulations, employees must be a U.S citizen or, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected Individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120,15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EOE-race/gender/veteran/disabled/sexual orientation/gender identity.